In the simplest terms, it translates into transparent and responsible practices of sourcing and production, while using sustainable materials. While adhering to the base meaning, it also involves many more factors, such as fair wages and safe working environment for the workers of the company.
How Rachel Galley promises sustainable and ethical jewellery
From mine to market, we offer complete transparency of our operations. At all our touchpoints, we ensure we deliver best to our community. Here are some initiatives that we are involved with:
Your Purchase Feeds
Every purchase you make with Rachel Galley goes into contribution to a meal for a hungry child, both in UK as well as India. Our operations are focused on reducing our profits in favour providing health, nourishment, and opportunities of growth to the coming generations.
To battle the steep price leads due to demand and supply, we reduce the involvement of middlemen entirely. This reduces unnecessary markups that you will see on the high-street. We manufacture our jewellery in-house, so as to ensure that at no step we increase prices without requirements.
Rachel Galley’s parent company VGL is heavily involved in multiple environment initiatives. Here’s a summary of some of the milestones:
1. In Financial Year 2021, ~30% of electricity requirement at India facilities has been met through solar, soon to be 100%
2. Rainwater harvesting –~52 lakh. lt is across ~95,000 sq. ft. in Financial Year 2021
3. In Financial Year 2021, ETP/STP recycled 43 KL per day, equivalent to ~15,000 + KL/year
4. In Financial Year 2021, planted ~1,100 trees, taking cumulative plantation to over 4,000 trees
5. Developing a mini forest in 4000 Sq meter area in Jaipur, India by planting 13000 saplings. Once the trees will grow to their full potential, this forest would sequestrate 420 Tons of CO2/year.
6. 100% conversion of bio-degradable waste into manure
7. Installation of ozonator water treatment plant and wet scrubbers to efficiently manage waste.